Monday, August 11, 2008

Done with therapy?

I had my three month checkup and the doctor was happy with my progress. He has released me from physical therapy and told me to work on strength for the next three months until the next checkup. I am still restricted from any pivoting, but straight line activities like running or biking are allowed. I’m pretty happy about it. The progress is sometimes hard to see. Going downhill is still a little uncomfortable; it doesn’t really hurt, but it feels like it *might.* I guess that gets better with time and building strength. I know I never want to injure my knee like this again.

1 comment:

Wei said...

Congrats on graduating from PT! It's amazing how far you've come; don't think that the little bits of progress aren't anything at all.

I agree with not wanting to ever sustain another knee injury like this; at this point, I wouldn't want to get hurt at all. Surgery and rehab is hard enough.

Thanks for your support!