Saturday, August 23, 2008

Progress is slow but steady

I’m losing track of how many weeks it’s been since surgery; that’s a good sign I suppose. My leg overall feels better, but wow is it weak. Hamstring curls with a twenty pound weight are challenging. My cardio is really poor right now, I need to hit the gym harder and work on cardio as well as strength. I’m trying to focus on the improvements and not on how much farther I have to go. I’ll get my leg back with time and work.

I visited the dojo today, it was a blast. During sparring class I was sitting in my chair bobbing and weaving. I really want to get back (I think). It’s a nice atmosphere and great people. I have a couple more months to go a guess.

I’ve had much BBQ talk, knee talk seems to consume me. I made ribs Friday night.. The spice rub was cinnamon, ancho chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt and a bit of allspice. I smoked them for a little over seven hours at 210 degrees with cherry and oak smoke. They turned out great.

3 comments:

Wei said...

That BBQ rub sounds delicious.

Your outlook on your recovery is so positive. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

See, when you take your time, knees and BBQ turn out well. Bet the smell of the smoking meat was just as exciting as watching the sparring.

Mmmm . . . ribs.

Davidx said...

I cooked pizza on the grill last night. An oven just can't compare to the taste you get from a grill.