I’m basically at eight weeks post surgery now. I have full range of motion and I am working on strengthening exercises. My knee feels pretty good. I now worry it feels so good I’ll do something stupid and re-injure it. No twisting, no impact, no running no rope jumping etc for months more. Riding the stationary bike feels pretty good. Leg presses, squats toe presses for a long time. My injured leg is much weaker on hamstring curls. I guess that’s from harvesting for the graft.
My Dojo seems to have been absorbed/merged with another place. Premier Martial Arts. I have very mixed feelings about this. The same instructor that I like and respect will still be available and that is the most important thing (so I tell myself). Knowing some of the people and history that became PMA, I have reservations. Training is not an option for several months; I guess I get to see how it shakes out.
After the ACL injury, so much of my life seems to revolve around my knee and my thoughts about it. It’s distressingly self absorbed and unusual for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I watched a show on the Travel Channel about BBQ. I did not know there were so many regional differences (sauce vs no sauce). Interesting show.
Excellent news on your ROM. I am still working on hamstring strength. I do extra hamstring curls with my new ACL. My left leg is still not as strong as the right.
At 14 months, I still think about my knee. I had hoped that at a year it would be over and done with. I guess it just takes time.
Keep up the good work!
It's funny how much a surgery like this changes your life and makes you think almost non-stop about your knee. It is very irritating. I'm almost seven months post-op and I'm still in my self-absorbed knee stage. I'm hoping it will end soon. I hear it takes two years before it's not even a thought. Good luck in your recovery. You sound like you're doing great!
Good luck with your recovery! It's so true that despite how much time has passed, it's hard not to think about the knee. It all needs patience and time, right?
Good report. I know what you mean about worrying about doing something stupid. I think I've done half a dozen things where I've thought myself, "you really need to stop so you don't hurt yourself again."
Thanks for the wishes! I just want to get it all over with now.
I'm so glad that it's over with now. It's been helpful reading your comments and your blog about the recovery. :)
Post a Comment