Tuesday, June 3, 2008

4th week is better

I am now four weeks post surgery. What an incredible difference. I am off crutches and no longer using a cane. In PT yesterday, I got to 135 degree bend and got to actually exercise a little. I was on a stationary bike for ten minute and did some squats. It felt great to move like that a little; muscle soreness and not knee pain was a nice change of pace. As I read other ACL stories I see a common thread: surgeons do a poor job preparing patients for the emotional after effects of the surgery and recovery. I found the first two weeks very challenging and I find that many others did too. The change from two weeks to four weeks post is wonderful.

To celebrate, I'm going to make a recipe I have wanted to try for a while: Puerco Pibill. A friend of mine sent me a youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8EiScBEjA) of Robert Rodriguez the filmmaker showing how to make this dish and it just sounds tasty. If you watch the clip, you might not want to have your kids around; he uses language some might find offensive.

No comments: